Another delicious, healthy breakfast recipe. Change the fruit and/or toppings to keep it interesting – using fresh seasonal fruit will also keep the cost down.
This acai bowl recipe is also great as a mid-afternoon snack and pick-me-up.
You could even have it as a dessert for those nights you are craving something sweet but healthy.
- 1 banana (save 5 slices for topping)
- 1 frozen Acai sachet
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tbsp Tropeaka Lean Vanilla Protein (or protein powder of choice)
- unsweetened almond milk to blend (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- 5 slices banana
- 1 handful blueberries
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- Add sliced banana, frozen açai, frozen strawberries, protein powder, ice and a dash of almond milk to blender(I recommend adding the ingredients in that order since the banana isn’t frozen it will blend easily and help to blend the other ingredients)
- Blend the ingredients until thick and smooth. You may need to add more almond milk and scrape down the sides of the blender to help mix.
- Once thick and smooth, pour mixture into a bowl (I used a Tropeaka coconut bowl)
- Top with fresh fruit, drizzle peanut butter then finish with some cacao nibs