This amazing chocolate cake recipe was created by Miss 14 for my birthday. It is by far my favourite cake recipe. And the frosting and toppings… It’s hard to believe that this cake is 100% gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free.
- Food Processor
- 2 x 9" cake tins
- 2 cups Gluten-free Self-raising Flour (We used Woolworths 'Free From' Self-raising flour)
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar (or Stevia)
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- 2 400g cans full fat Coconut Milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 blocks Loving Earth Coconut Milk Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Stevia
- 100 grams Arrowroot Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pana Organic Cashew Caramel Spread
- Chopped Peanuts (approx 10)
- 1 square Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180°c
- Line the bottom of the cake tins with baking paper and spray base and sides with olive oil
- Add all ingredients to bowl of food processor and process until combined and smooth
- If you don't have a food processor, mix flour, cocoa, and coconut sugar. Once combined, add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into two prepared cake tins. Smooth the top.
- Bakes cakes for 20 to 23 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Scoop out the cream from the coconut milk cans (leaving the water at the bottom), and place in a medium-sized pot.
- Place pot over low heat.
- Once coconut cream has melted, break up chocolate and stir to combined.
- Once chocolate has melted and combined with coconut cream, remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, scoup out coconut cream and place in bowl of food processor.
- Add remaining frosting ingredients and process until stiff peaks form. (If it is not thick enough, add extra arrowroot flour)
- Remove the cakes from their tins and slice tops if needed.
- Place one cake on a plate and top with a generous amount of frosting. Spread evenly.
- Place second cake on top and cover with remaining frosting.
- If you don't want to add any decoration, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle some Pana Organic Cashew Caramel Spread on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the Spread
- Top with finely grated Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate
- Refrigerate until ready to serve