Jackfruit is absolutely delicious and so versatile. You can use it to replace chicken, tuna, pork, turkey, beef, etc. The list goes on.
Not only is it versatile but only takes 5-10 minutes to cook.
I served this Paleo Pulled Jackfruit in “corn thin sandwiches” with a side of salad. (I also recommend serving it with my homemade Paleo gluten free bread).
Feel free to serve it however you desire – some suggestions are, in or on:
- On its own
Jackfruit is soy free, nut free, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, paleo, vegan, and low FODMAP.
Paleo Pulled Jackfruit
- 1 400g can Jackfruit (We use Ceres Organic)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ – ½ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pink Himalayan Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup water
- Drain and rinse the Jackfruit, then break it up into pieces like tuna or pulled chicken breast.
- Once broken up, rinse again
- Lightly spray a nonstick pan with oil, add Jackfruit and heat on low/medium
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Stir in the herbs and spices
- Mix in the tomato paste and 1/4 cup of water (It may look really watery but the water will evaporate)
- Cook for a further 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally (If is starts bubbling too quickly turn it down)
- When cooked, Jackfruit is soft and tender